PUBLICATIONS: COME, MEMORY: FIELDWORK
— COME, MEMORY: FIELDWORK
— every stone...
— come to your senses
— melons and jugs
— surviving a week...
come, Memory is a long-dreamed-of, research-led project, begun in September 2021, that centers around three research/recording trips taken to a series of ancient (especially Neolithic) European sacred sites.
The project includes: research;the recording of Super 8mm film, 35mm photo, and sound; the assembly of three short, experimental films; and the creation of a scenographic installation — that was exhibited at the artist-run project space WET in May, 2023.
come, Memory: fieldwork is another iteration of this project — an expanded research and sound document — made by Katrina Niebergal & Bergur Anderson.
listen / order here
• Optigan organ intro
• Tarxien Temples, Malta
• by Ramla Beach, Malta
• Acropolis, Athens
• drum groove
• Mdina bus, Malta
• excerpt from Lewis Mumford’s, The City in History, 1961
- busker and busy corner, Athens
- goats on the way to Katholiko beach, Crete
- Wuestenwinds beach, Malta
- CROWD* voices, the great mound
- Juno’s groove
- Stonehenge chats
- Agia Triava Archeological Site, Crete
- Skorba Temples, Malta
- Druid’s theme
- background voice takes, No talking spring
- Optigan boogie
- Orthodox service, Mykonos
- water splash
- Apollo’s Temple, Naxos
- Snake Eyes, Noble Experiment (Thinking Fellers Union 282, 1994)
Katrina Niebergal & Bergur Anderson come, Memory: fieldwork, 2023
ed. of 50 cassette-tapes, 29 minutes, 12 seconds, releases November 28, 2023.
*CROWD voiced by Johan Björck, Jake Caleb, Tracy Hanna, Daisy Madden-Wells, Laura Piasta, Ceola Tunstall-Behrens, and Annemarie Wadlow
thanks to: Frédéric Van de Velde + Futura Resistenza / WET film / CBK Rotterdam / WORM Sound Studios / The Canada Council for the Arts